Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
It’s almost Halloween; are you pumpkin’ed out yet? These Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes would make a great Halloween breakfast treat! Or breakfast-for-dinner to fuel you for trick-or-treating!
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1cup nonfat milk
- 2/3cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 250°F. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, folding in the mixture. Stir just until the batter comes together.
- Spray a frying pan or skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Pour about an eighth of the batter into the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the surface of the pancake is bubbling. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Place finished pancakes on an oven-safe plate or baking dish in the oven to keep warm while you repeat with remaining batter. Serve alone or with maple syrup, powdered sugar, or nuts.
Serve with whipped cream and some hot maple syrup!